SILKA Law AB and its Group of Companies
What data do we collect?
Our company collects the following data
- your name;
- company/organisation name;
- invoicing information and
- contact information including email address, and business telephone number.
- You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
How will we use your data?
SILKA collects your data so that we can:
- provide you with our services which you have signed up for; and
- contact you
How do we store your data
While privacy laws may vary between jurisdictions, SILKA has taken reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is treated by its affiliates and Service Providers in a secure and lawful manner, and in accordance with common industry practices, regardless of any lesser legal requirements that may apply in their jurisdiction. SILKA may retain your Personal Data for a longer period for legal and accounting purposes (i.e., as required by laws applicable to our record and bookkeeping, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise following your discontinuance of use)
Data we receive from third party sources
As part our Services, we may lawfully collect or license (including from national and international trade mark registries and authorized licensors) information about individual registered trade mark owners and applicants, as well as individual domain name registrants and administrative/technical contacts – this information may contain limited (and publicly available) Personal Data, including names, mailing addresses and other contact information published as part of trade mark and domain name registrations.
Whom Do We Share Information With?
We may share your data (including Personal Data) with certain third parties, including law enforcement agencies, our service providers and our affiliates – but only in accordance with this Privacy Notice:
- Compliance with Laws, Legal Orders and Authorities. We may disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials to gain access to certain Personal Data, in response to a subpoena, search warrant or court order (or similar requirement), or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including for national security purposes. Such disclosure or access may occur with or without notice to you, if we have a good faith belief that we are legally compelled to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- Service Providers and Business Partners. We may engage selected third party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own (accounting, data analytics services, e-mail distribution, and monitoring services, and our business, legal, financial and compliance advisors) (collectively, “Service Providers”). These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating the purposes of our services.
What are your data protection rights
SILKA would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every customer is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SILKA correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SILKA to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erase – You have the right to request that SILKA erase your personal data under certain conditions.
How to contact us
If you make a request, SILKA has one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: